Real Estate



Insuring commercial properties for investors. Coverage for a home or small commercial building can be relatively straightforward, but when it comes to large commercial investment properties such as shopping centers, apartment buildings, condo complexes, skyscrapers or historic buildings, insurance becomes much more complicated. Owners of these properties need specialized coverage designed to meet the needs and challenges associated with such properties.

The types of properties listed above can be excellent investments, but each comes with its own set of circumstances that need to be considered when purchasing an insurance policy.

Along with coverage for the building or buildings, for example, owners of a shopping center would likely need specific coverage for outdoor signage that might be damaged by storms or vandalism and equipment such as air conditioning units and/or furnaces needed to maintain a comfortable environment. Owners of a skyscraper would need coverage to help pay the cost of repairing elevators or other systems necessary to provide access to tenants and visitors, while owners of apartment buildings need specific coverage to help protect against damage from tenants or natural disasters. And in each type of property, business interruption insurance can help make up for revenue lost in the event the building becomes unusable or uninhabitable due to a covered event.

And in the case of a historic property or other older building, real estate insurance can help cover the cost of bringing the building up to current codes when repairing damage.

These are just a few examples of the types of coverage specific to larger properties. Let our team of risk managers research how to best protect your assets.




If we look different, it is because we are different. We are trailblazers. We believe in brains before bureaucracy. As an idea company, our mission is to disrupt the big box model by tearing down old-school insurance paradigms.